- Players get up to 2k bonus settlers
- Players get an extra action point (a sunstone) up to 18
- Players get a period of time (usually 15 seconds) to spend any sunstones they wish
2. Citizens Work the Land and Traders Trade
- Every turn each city works and trades in the order it was founded:
- In the first city, the citizens work, starting at the lands closest to the centre and working outwards. Goods produced by the inner lands can be used by the outer lands on the same turn. (Read more on working the land.)
- Then, in the same first city, the trading companies based there can trade with neighbouring cities.
- Then the second city's citizens work (perhaps using goods imported from the first city), and then the second city's trading companies do business.
- Then the third city, etc.
- In a random order, each city has an opportunity to act offensively.
- A city will act offensively if it has offence and there is a city nearby that belongs to a country it has declared war on. The defending city will use its defence if it has any.
- If a city tries to attack more than one neighbouring city, it will always start with the closest choice.
4. Other Citizen Functions
- The city's culture level rises or falls towards the maximum culture level.
- The city tries to claim a new land (if it was told to claim many)
- Construction projects are worked on.
- Citizens use housing and public space.
- Citizens purchase and use food, durable goods, and luxuries.
- Happiness falls or rises.
- Citizens are born, grow up, or die.
- Goods left in the city decay. Most leftover services are discarded.
- Prices are adjusted up or down depending on the balance of supply and demand.
- In random order, the citizens of each city can choose to immigrate to a nearby city.